December 26, 2010

A Perfect Getaway

Don put this movie on his NetFlix queue not knowing anything about it. When he gave me the name I figured (why? I don't know) it was some slap stick comedy that I wouldn't enjoy. I finally looked it up on IMDB and found that it wasn't a comedy at all, but a psychological suspense thriller - and that it was.

I love a movie that makes me think, and think about it. And this morning, I was still thinking about it. So much so that when Jake, who didn't watch it with us last night, wanted to watch it and let it be known that I wanted to see it again. And I hardly ever want to watch a movie more than once (too many movies, so little time). There were questions I had that made me look forward to watching it again.

Here's a synopsis: Two pairs of lovers on a Hawaiian vacation discover that psychopaths are stalking and murdering tourists on the islands. (IMDB)

It's a well done movie with many twists and turns. It was as good the second time as the first. A Perfect Getaway was a perfect movie getaway for the whole family.

5 stars out of 5 stars
rated R

No comments: